Taking the lead from the Hilton Head Island’s post on Bluffton, SC, here are eleven wild things to do in Pittsboro, NC.
1. Visit the Carolina Tiger Rescue. Go online and reserve tickets for a day with a good weather forecast. Your visit helps support the tremendous stewardship they provide these mostly rescued large cats.
2. Rent a boat at Crosswinds Boating Center at Jordan Lake: fishing boats, pontoon boats or kayaks.
3. Do a Pub Run on a Monday at 6pm starting at The City Tap and support the good work of The Abundance Foundation.
4. Join a Dance of Universal Peace 1st Wednesdays at the East Chatham Senior Center. 7:30.
5. Take a Road Ride on a Wednesday at 6pm with cyclists from Pittsboro Bicycles.
6. Head down Industrial Park Drive, take a left on Lorax Lane, and a right past Screech Owl and park outside the gate and walk past the Bio Diesel Plant for a tour and tasting at Pittsboro’s First and Only Distillery – Fair Game Beverage Company for a tour and tasting.
7. Get Fairy Hair from Finklepott’s Fairy Hair Flare when they visit during Pittsboro First Sunday at Barringer Family Dentistry, or at Starrlight Mead, or The Joyful Jewel. Call the venues for their next dates.
8. Call the Haw River Canoe & Kayak Co. and get on a paddle board, canoe or kayak at Bynum or Saxapahaw.
9. Time your Pittsboro visit for a Pecha Kucha night, once every quarter put on by The Abundance Foundation. Be in a room with a hundred people listening to presentations in a format that’s taking the world by storm.
10. Get in front of a mic and sing! Wednesday nights: at Open Mic at The City Tap on Wednesday.
11. Bring $1,000 to town and shop for new art or furniture for your home and some gifts for your self , family or friends. We have a half dozen antiques stores and two art and fine craft galleries in historic downtown.